Pick up points,
How to make your
Holiday Tour booking
Fair Trading Agreement.
Holiday Booking Info
SWIFTSURE HOLIDAY TOUR FREE PICK UP POINTS:
¨ Etwall, Spread Eagle.
¨ Hilton, The Old Talbot.
¨ Hatton, Post Office
¨ Tutbury, Dog & Partridge.
¨ Rolleston, Spread Eagle.
¨ Stretton, Church.
¨ Beam Hill, The Beacon.
¨ Horninglow, The Church.
¨ Horninglow, Navigation.
¨ Burton, Town Hall/Derby Street.
¨ Branston, Church.
¨ Branston Arms.
¨ Burton, New Street.
¨ Winshill, Church.
¨ Stapenhill, New Bridge/Glebe.
¨ Stapenhill, Tesco (Copper Hearth).
¨ Stanton Road Premier Shop, (Black Horse).
¨ Newhall, Old Post.
¨ Newhall, Four Lane Ends.
¨ Swadlincote, Bus Station.
¨ Midway, Hillcrest/The Wheel.
¨ Midway, The Midway Inn.
¨ Woodville, High Street.
Longer tours, but not weekend breaks, can also pick up at:
¨ Uttoxeter, Bus Station.
¨ Doveridge, Village Hall.
¨ Chaddesden Lane End.
¨ Derby, Full Street.
¨ Littleover, Half Moon.
¨ Ashby de la Zouch, Main Street.
Holidays marked as FELIX COACHES tours also pick up at:
¨ Ripley, Market Place
¨ Codnor, Market Place
¨ Loscoe, Denby Lane
¨ Heanor, Market Place
¨ Ilkeston, Derby Road
¨ West Hallam, White Hart
¨ Stanley Village
¨ Oakwood, Morley Road
¨ Derby, Full Street.
And other local pick up points in that area.
Holidays marked as AFTON HOLIDAYS tours also pick up at:
¨ Rocester, Denstone & Stramshall
¨ Uttoxeter, Bus Station.
¨ Rugeley, Bus Station
¨ Handsacre & Armitage
¨ Hill Ridware and Abbots Bromley
¨ Lichfield, Bus Station
And other local pick up points in that area.
Pick up routes and feeder coach routes are planned to be as efficient as possible - most pick up routes are complete within an hour.
Some passengers may be collected by a feeder coach, but most will be collected by the tour coach.
Confirmation of pick up times will be sent by post to clients about 10 days prior to departure.
‘DOOR to DOOR’ Holidays with our
PICK UP FROM HOME SERVICE, available on all tours of three or more days duration. Sorry, not available on weekend minitours.
Our mini-coach or taxi will pick you up outside your front gate, with your cases, and take you to join the tour coach at a local pick up point. There will be an extra charge for this service:
¤ For Burton upon Trent town area, Swadlincote town area, Rolleston, Willington, Repton, Linton & Rosliston we will charge £13 for the first person and £5 for each extra person at the same address.
¤ For Barton under Needwood, Hatton, Alrewas, Tutbury, Melbourne, Moira, Measham, and Ashby de la Zouch we will charge £16 for the first person and £5 for each extra person at the same address.
¤ For Derby, (including Chaddesden, Oakwood, Littleover, Mickleover, Chellaston and Stenson Fields), Lichfield, Newborough, Abbots Bromley and Uttoxeter we will charge £19 for the first person and £5 for each extra person at the same address.
These are RETURN FARES; we will meet the coach on the return journey and take you home.
Please Note: You must book this service at the time when you book your holiday or no later that six weeks before the departure date. You must wait outside your house with your luggage. (We will not carry cases into/out of your home). The mini-coach will pick up at several addresses en route so you will share the mini-coach/ taxi with other passengers travelling on the day.
We offer a discount to any group of eight or more passengers who wish to travel together on one of our holiday tours. Please ask for more details if you are interested.
Swiftsure Travel (Burton upon Trent) Ltd. are a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ‘The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992' all passengers booking with Swiftsure Travel are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Swiftsure Travel. This insurance has been arranged by Advantage Financial Services Ltd who are authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 308337 and underwritten by MGA Cover Services Limited ((Registered address: Farren House, The Street, Farren Court, Cowfold, West Sussex. RH 13 8BP). Company registration: 08444204; authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number: 597536) under a binding authority with the insurer CBL Insurance Europe Limited ((Registered address: 2nd Floor, 13-17 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland), who are authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 203120). In the unlikely event of insolvency, you must inform MGA Cover Services Limited immediately on +44 (0) 20 3540 4422. Please ensure you retain this booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value. Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid back to you by your Travel Insurance or any losses which are recoverable under another insurance or bond.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR 2017 HOLIDAY BOOKING:
BOOKING FROM HOME: Please ring our Reservations Office to confirm that the holiday you require is available. The number is 01283 512974.
Please fill in the booking form and sign it. Send the booking form and the deposit due to the Reservations Office. We will then confirm your reservation in writing. Payment can be made by credit or debit card, cheque or cash. (We do not make an extra charge for card payments). We will post you written confirmation of your booking.
BOOKING IN PERSON: Please call at our office at 290 Stanton Road (just behind the Jet filling station). The office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 9.15am to 4.00 pm; Wednesdays from 0915 to 1300. (Closed Saturdays, Sundays & Bank Holidays). We will be pleased to help you select your holiday and make the booking.
DEPOSIT: A booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is received. The deposit required is £40 per person. Please note that your deposit will not be refunded if you cancel for any reason. The balance must be paid not less than eight weeks before the departure date. Your travel tickets and itinerary will be posted to you two weeks before departure.
THE HOLIDAY TOUR PRICE INCLUDES Tour Operator Failure Insurance; this price also includes all meals and excursions listed in the itinerary, plus travel from a local pick up point in a touring coach with reclining seats (with seatbelts). Admissions to places of interest mentioned in the itinerary are not included, unless specified in the brochure. Drinks with meals are not included.
COACHES: Swiftsure Travel operate our own luxury touring coaches which are fully equipped with air conditioning, reclining seats (each with three point seatbelt, armrest, footrest and seat-back table), double glazing, emergency telephone, stereo music system, toilet/washroom, carpet, curtains and hot drinks machine. For your comfort and safety, our coaches have air suspension, road speed limiter and secondary braking equipment. If holiday tour numbers are low we may use one of our Swiftsure Midi-coaches (which have all the facilities listed above but does not have a toilet/washroom), or we may need to hire coaches from other Companies, that may not have all the facilities listed above.
HOLIDAY TRAVEL INSURANCE: Swiftsure Travel no longer sell travel insurance. However, we still recommend that all our clients should have travel insurance to cover costs that you may incur should you have to cancel your holiday, or if you are taken ill whilst on holiday. Please remember that we will not refund your deposit and other additional cancellation charges if you have to cancel.
A good Travel Insurance policy will also cover you for loss of or damage to your luggage and other personal property. When taking out travel insurance you should check that you comply with any health conditions - you may need to advise the insurers of any medical conditions or outstanding appointments.
HOLIDAYS FROM THE PREMIER COLLECTION: These tours are top quality tours for a special short break. These tours feature quality three or four-star hotels in superb locations; bedrooms with every conceivable extra; excellent restaurants & elegant surroundings. With luxurious travel on our touring coaches, you can be sure of a very special break. And, thanks to some careful negotiations, at a price you can afford!
PRIVATE FACILITIES AND SINGLE ROOMS: Hotel Bedrooms with Private Facilities are available on all tours. On all tours there are a limited number of single rooms; many hotels do charge a single supplement for single rooms, which is shown on the brochure pages. There is usually a limited number of ground or low floor rooms available and requests for this accommodation must be made in the 'Special Requirements' section of the booking form. Requests for this type of accommodation or for any other Special Requests (such as ‘sea-views’) will be passed on to the hotel but cannot be guaranteed.
ENTERTAINMENT: Entertainment offered by hotels is indicated on the hotel description on the holiday page. Some of the hotels arrange additional entertainment which could include music, dancing, film shows, bingo, etc. The nature and frequency of the additional entertainment presented is at the discretion of the hotel and therefore not guaranteed and could be withdrawn if there is a lack of demand or insufficient numbers in the hotel.
PICKING UP POINTS: Passengers will be collected from and returned to any of our local pick up points in East Staffordshire and South Derbyshire. You may wish to book our “Door to Door” Pick up from home minibus/taxi service: Please see back cover for more details.
NO SMOKING: All seats on our holiday tour coaches are No Smoking. (This includes e-cigarettes and all similar devices). Smokers are requested not to smoke until the frequent comfort stops. Please also note that we do not allow the consumption of hot food or alcoholic drinks on our coaches.
BEHAVIOUR: We expect all our passengers to behave in an appropriate manner and respect the vehicle and its facilities, our driver and fellow travellers. Any passengers who are abusive, or aggressive, or cause damage to property, or who are under the influence of drink or drugs, will be asked to leave the coach and all further holiday arrangements will be cancelled.
LUGGAGE: Clients are requested to bring only one medium sized suitcase per person. Please don’t bring one large case for two people. The maximum acceptable weight of a suitcase is 18kg/40 lbs. If you cannot lift it - it is probably too heavy! Please Note that our drivers will refuse to lift or carry very heavy or very large cases. May we point out that soft cases are more susceptible to damage without any negligence on the part of our staff. Please don’t pack your passport or valuables (such as cameras, computers, cash, jewellery, mobile phones) in your case – keep these items in hand luggage to carry onto the coach with you. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to luggage unless it is established that the damage was caused by our negligence.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. Joining instructions, pick up times and luggage labels will be sent to you two weeks before departure. Late bookings may require the tickets to be handed to you on the departure date. Certain documents - for example theatre, air or ferry tickets - may have to be retained and your driver or courier will then issue them to you on the coach.
COACH SEAT ALLOCATION: Seats are allocated on a first come, first served, basis: early booking is advisable to give you a better chance of requesting the seats you would prefer. Coach seating plans, seat numbers and/or seat allocations cannot be guaranteed. Seat numbers are not allocated on feeder coaches.
CHILDREN'S PRICES: For children aged 2-11 years on the date of departure reductions will be as specified for each tour providing they occupy an extra bed or cot (if applicable) in a twin/double bedded room with 2 adults. For children under the age of two on the date of departure a child occupying a cot in a double room with 2 adults will be free of charge provided they sit on an adult's lap on the coach tour as a separate seat will not be allocated.
PASSPORTS, VISA & HEALTH FORMALITIES: You will require a Passport for tours to destinations outside the UK. British or EC passport holders will not require a visa to enter any of the countries visited on tours included in this brochure. It is your responsibility to be in possession of the correct passport and visa(s). We recommend that you read the ‘foreign travel advice’ section of the Government website. (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice). We also suggest you should obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which guarantees free or reduced cost health care in EC countries and countries party to the EEA agreement. You can order an EHIC on line (https://www.ehicuk.org) or by calling 0845 606 2030. The card is free, but it takes about 7 days to process your request. If you have travel insurance, this may cover the cost of medical treatments, including repatriation.
SPECIAL CARE FOR THE DISABLED. The holidays in this brochure have been carefully planned to include as much of interest as possible. Inevitably some of the holidays include lengthy periods of travel and some walking on sightseeing excursions and therefore all clients should have enough mobility to board and alight from our coaches. Additionally many of the hotels will have steps to contend with and may not possess lifts. Although we will try our best to look after disabled passengers it is important that you enter the word DISABLED in block capitals in the special requirements section of the booking form together with a brief description of your disability. We will make every endeavor to minimize the discomfort and inconvenience but for obvious reasons are unable to make any guarantees.
Disabled Access to our coaches: Our large coaches will ‘kneel down’ at the front to help with boarding. We do not allow the use of a box step. Our drivers will offer gentle assistance when they are able, but cannot provide reliant assistance – passengers who need help with steps and luggage should travel with someone who can give that assistance. We can carry manual wheelchairs in the boot of the coach, but need advance notice to ensure space is available. We can carry small, lightweight, motorised scooters (which can be dismantled). Larger motorised scooters cannot be carried. If you wish to take a scooter you must let us know at the time of booking. Please note that we do not allow our drivers to dismantle scooters or lift heavy parts. We do not have coaches with a wheelchair lift.
SPECIAL DIETS: If you require a special diet you must inform us at the time of booking with a copy of the diet. This will be notified to the hotel or hotels on your holiday but on certain holidays the hotels used are tourist class and whilst offering value for money within the price range they may not have the full facilities to cope with special diets. Any extra cost incurred must be paid to the hotel by you before departure from the hotel.
VIRAL INFECTIONS: We would ask you not to travel on your holiday tour if (at the time you are due to travel) you have recently had a virus or other medical problem which may be contagious to other passengers.
DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS: On longer coach tours you may be required to sit in your seat for three hours or more. If you have a history of blood clot problems, have had recent cancer or heart problems, or if you have recently had surgery, (especially hips and knees) you should consult with your doctor about the risk of DVT whilst traveling on our coaches.
CONSUMER PROTECTION INSURANCE: In accordance with the Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992 all passengers booking with Swiftsure Travel are fully protected against the loss of all monies paid to us for the holiday (and repatriation if required) due to insolvency, by way of an insurance policy – see note 13 of our Fair Trading Agreement for more details.
FAIR TRADING AGREEMENT: Your booking contract with Swiftsure Travel (Burton upon Trent) Ltd.
1. DURATION: Your holiday with Swiftsure Travel (Burton Upon Trent) Ltd. will start on and finish on the dates given in (and includes accommodation as detailed in) the Booking Confirmation.
2. TRAVEL: You will be travelling by coach (and by ferry or Eurotunnel on some holidays). Final details of departure times and pick up points will be sent to you closer to the departure date when they have been finalised.
3. HOTEL: Your hotel(s) are named in the Booking Confirmation and full details of each hotel, including tourist classification & hotel facilities, will be found in the tour brochure.
4. CANCELLATION & CHANGES BY US: We may cancel your holiday in the following circumstances: (a) if the holiday becomes impracticable by reason of hostilities, political unrest or, without limitation, any other unusual or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control; (b) if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings which we require to run the holiday by 42 days before the scheduled departure date, in which case we will inform you in writing of the cancellation by 30 days before the scheduled departure date; and (c) if you have not paid for your holiday in full by 56 days before the scheduled departure date. If your holiday is cancelled under either sub paragraphs (a) or (b) above, we will, if we are able, offer you an alternative holiday which you may accept, in which case we will refund the difference between the price of the original holiday and the alternative holiday (if the alternative holiday is less expensive) or you will be required to pay us the difference between the price of the original holiday and the alternative holiday (if the alternative holiday is more expensive). You will be entitled to a full refund of all monies paid by you to us for the holiday, should we not offer, or you do not wish to accept an alternative holiday. If the holiday is cancelled under sub-paragraph (c) above, you will be taken to have cancelled the holiday and from the date of our notification clause 10 below will apply, including in relation to cancellation charges.
5. CHANGES: The arrangements for holidays are made many months in advance and changes are sometimes unavoidable. Most of these changes are likely to be minor and we or our representatives will endeavour to keep you informed. However, where before departure we have to alter significantly an essential term of this contract, such as price, location of resort, quality of main hotel (not including single overnight hotels on touring holidays) or tour itinerary changes involving a tour destination being eliminated, we will notify you of the change as soon as possible. In such circumstances you will be given the following options: - (a) to accept the changes to the contract as set out in any rider to it specifying the changes and their impact (if any) on the price; or, (b) to take a substitute holiday of equivalent or superior quality if we are able to offer you one and to pay us the difference (if any) between the price of the original holiday and that of the substitute holiday; or (c) to take a substitute holiday of lower quality if we are able to offer you one and to recover from us the difference between the price of the original holiday and that of the substitute holiday; or (d) to have repaid to you as soon as possible all the moneys paid by you under this contract.
6. ITINERARY: Your holiday itinerary is as set out in the tour brochure.
7. EXCURSIONS: Details of all excursions and visits to places of interest are as set out in the brochure. (Admission fees to places of interest are not included in the tour prices unless stated otherwise). Excursions indicated as “optional” will only be operated if a minimum number of passengers choose to book for the trip.
8. INSURANCE: Personal Travel Insurance is not included in any of our tour arrangements.
9.1. YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE: The price for your holiday is shown on the Booking Confirmation inclusive of VAT and is subject to revision upwards or downwards only to allow for variations in: (a) transportation costs, including the cost of fuel; and, (b) dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation/disembarkation fees at ports or airports; and (c) the exchange rates applied to this holiday. [(a), (b) and (c) being together called the “variable elements”.] The holiday price does not include meals, drinks or entrance fees (unless specified in the itinerary), gratuities, porterage and/or “optional” excursions.
Subject to clause 9.2 below, the holiday price may be revised upwards or downwards if, after the date of this contract any of the variable elements applicable to this holiday change. The revision in respect of any given variable element will be calculated by taking the total charge in the variable element concerned for the holiday as it applies to the total number of customers booked on the holiday, dividing that amount by the total number of customers booked on the holiday, applying that change to the VAT exclusive price of the holiday per person and calculating the VAT element on that VAT exclusive price. The revised VAT exclusive price is then added to the revised VAT to arrive at the full revised VAT inclusive price.
In the case of exchange rates, the change in the variable element for the holiday as a whole will be calculated by [taking the total amount payable to us (or our agents) in foreign currency in respect of the holiday and converting that amount into sterling at the appropriate rate quoted in the brochure and used in the calculation of the brochure price], making the same calculation as at the date on which the revision is to be calculated using the exchange rates quoted in ‘The Times’ newspaper of that date, and calculating the difference between the two sterling amounts.
9.2. PRICE REVISION: No price revision shall take place under clause 9.1 above if the increase or decrease in the price in respect of any of the variable elements would otherwise amount to less than 2% of the original price (a “small variation”) and no small variation shall be taken into account when calculating any price revisions. No price revision will be made less than 30 days before the scheduled departure date.
10.1 YOU PAY A DEPOSIT: When you make your booking you must complete a booking form, accepting on behalf of all your party the terms of this contract, and pay a deposit of £40 per person on all holidays. Please note that your deposit payment will not be refunded if you cancel for any reason. The balance of the fare must be paid via the office at which you made your booking at least eight weeks before the holiday departure date. If you book within eight weeks of the departure date you must pay the full amount at the time of booking. Your travel tickets will be posted to you two weeks before departure. If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your holiday, retain your deposit and apply cancellation charges set out as follows:
10.2 IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY: You, or any members of your party, may cancel your holiday at any time providing that the cancellation is made by the person signing the booking form and is communicated to us in writing via the office at which you made your booking. As this incurs administrative costs we will retain your deposit and, in addition, apply cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below: -
Date of receipt of letter
of cancellation: Cancellation fee:
More than 56 days before departure: Deposit
56 - 29 days before departure: 30% of total cost
28 - 15 days before departure: 45% of total cost
14 - 7 days before departure: 60% of total cost
6 days or less before departure
or after departure: 100% of total cost
Note: If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
11. SPECIAL REQUESTS: Any special requests are noted on your Booking Confirmation. We cannot guarantee to supply any such requests.
12. COMPLAINTS: If you have a complaint during your holiday, you must inform, in the first instance the supplier of the service and then inform our driver/courier, or representative, who will do his/her utmost to resolve the problem immediately. If the matter cannot be put right on the spot, you must notify us in writing within 14 days of the completion of the holiday and this must be sent to: “Swiftsure Travel, Unit 6, 290 Stanton Road, Burton upon Trent, DE15 9SQ” and you must quote your booking serial number, holiday title and departure date. Your letter will be acknowledged and your complaint investigated as quickly as possible.
13. CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION. Swiftsure Travel (Burton upon Trent) Ltd. are a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ‘The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992' all passengers booking with Swiftsure Travel are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Swiftsure Travel. This insurance has been arranged with MGA Cover Services Limited ((Registered address: Farren House, The Street, Farren Court, Cowfold, West Sussex. RH 13 8BP). Company registration: 08444204; authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number: 597536) under a binding authority with the insurer CBL Insurance Europe Limited ((Registered address: 2nd Floor, 13-17 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland), who are authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 203120). In the unlikely event of insolvency, you must inform MGA Cover Services Limited immediately on +44 (0) 20 3540 4422. Please ensure you retain this booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value. Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid back to you by your Travel Insurance or any losses which are recoverable under another insurance or bond.